Current Job Openings
Aquatic Facility Manager Position
The City of Hillsboro, Kansas seeks a qualified individual for an Aquatic Facility Manager position. To apply, complete an application and send in application materials to the City Clerk at the City of Hillsboro, 118 E. Grand, Hillsboro, Kansas 67063. First review of applications will be on February 12, 2021; position will remain open until filled. This is a seasonal position during the pool season. Application can be completed here and the job description can be viewed below. The City of Hillsboro is an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will have a variety of experience and skills. The primary function is managing the Family Aquatic Center under the direction of the Recreation Director. Duties include:
• Responsible for the daily operations of the swimming pool including maintaining all daily records of services performed, chemical additions, equipment servicing and cleanup inside and outside the pool area as required;
• Responsible for managing lifeguards and aquatic center staff, to be visible and available as the first line of problem-solving;
• Maintains water quality at all times by cleaning the pool bottom, walls, circulation filter and sand filter as required, and adds chemicals at designated times as directed by water quality test;
• Institute and maintain a culture of safety and follow all necessary safety procedures and practices.
• Perform any duties deemed necessary or assigned
First review of applications will be on February 12, 2021.
Salary: The salary range is $13.00 -$15.00 per hour depending on candidate’s qualifications. This is a seasonal position and not benefits eligible. Successful candidates will need CPR certification and be Aquatic Facilities Operator (AFO) certified. Training to be provided at the City’s expense.
Public Works Street Maintenance 1 Position
The City of Hillsboro, Kansas seeks a qualified individual for a Public Works Street Maintenance 1 position. To apply, complete an application and send in application materials to the City Clerk at the City of Hillsboro, P.O. Box 125, Hillsboro, Kansas 67063. Applications are available at Hillsboro City Hall, or by request at email@example.com, or by calling 620-947-3162. Online applications can be completed here. You’re able to view the job description here.
First review of applications will be on January 26, 2021. Position will remain open until filled.
The salary is competitive and dependent upon the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate. The City of Hillsboro offers excellent benefits including health insurance and KPERS retirement.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a physical, drug screening and a range of motion examination. A CDL will be required within the first year of employment; preference for existing CDL. Successful applications must meet the residency requirements.
The City of Hillsboro is an equal opportunity employer.