Street Department Employee
The City of Hillsboro, KS seeks a qualified individual to be a Public Works - Street Department Maintenance Worker. Send resumes and applications marked “PW Maintenance Worker/Street Department” to: City Clerk, City of Hillsboro, 118 E. Grand, Hillsboro, Kansas 67063 by
July 9, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
Call Hillsboro City Hall at 620-947-3162 for a paper application or complete an online application here.
The successful candidate will have a variety of experience and skills. The successful candidate will be working outdoors in a variety of situations, including:
1) Assist in the maintenance or construction of streets, alleys, storm sewers and traffic control devices;
2) Operate dump trucks and other equipment;
3) Perform manual labor on projects;
4) Make operational inspections on vehicles and equipment;
5) Assist with repairs to department vehicles and equipment;
6) Perform custodial and maintenance duties on all departmental buildings and structures;
7) Evening call-outs and inclement weather response;
8) Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits: The salary is competitive and dependent upon the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate. The position is covered by the KPERS Retirement System.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a physical, drug screening and a range of motion examination. A CDL will be required.