City Office Phone Number: (620) 947-3162
Hillsboro’s Recycling Center is located in the 100 block of North Birch (under the small water tower, west of the The Lumberyard).
The gates of the Hillsboro Recycle Center will remain open 24/7. Hazardous waste (eg. batteries, CFLs, paint, solvents, and pesticides) is no longer accepted at the Hillsboro Recycle Center.
For more information, visit www.maswu.org/recycling.html
Trash Collection & Tree Dump
Refuse is collected once a week. A 90-gallon polycart is available on a rental basis for a fee of $1.50/month.
The city tree dump site is located one mile north of Ash Street for tree limbs only. A key for the city tree dump can be obtained at City Hall from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Clean Up Week
The annual Clean-up Week for the City of Hillsboro is April 29-May 3rd. This week is set aside for residents of Hillsboro to dispose of extra trash and small limbs at no extra charge. Items will be collected ONCE on the same day as your trash is picked up at the same location where you typically place your trash receptacle by 7:00 a.m.
Your trash must be bagged, boxed or bundled or it will not be picked up.
· Branches and trash need to be separated and in different piles.
· Concrete will not be picked up. Please call City Hall if you need to dispose of concrete.
· Hazardous materials will not be picked up. Paint, batteries, vehicle oil and other household hazardous material can be disposed of at the Marion County Household Hazardous Waste Facility
(620-382-3190) at 141 N. Coble in Marion Monday-Friday. On Saturday, May 4th, Marion County will pick up household hazardous waste in the Hillsboro Police Dept parking lot at 414 N. Ash from 9-11 a.m.
· Recyclable materials will not be picked up. Please use the City’s recycle center under the small water tower in the 100 block of North Birch. It is open every day of the week.
· Woody shrubs and tree branches may be disposed of at the City tree dump, located at 210th and Indigo. The site is open every day. Branches and small tree limbs left on the curb for pick up will be loaded with heavy equipment from the street. Do not stack next to mailboxes, electric poles, gas or water meters, trees or other landscaping. Bundle and tie small branches and limbs for easy pick up.
· Leaves and grass clippings will not be picked up. Please use the City’s compost facility that is open every day. The new location for the compost facility is at East Orchard Drive, just south of Midway Motors. Look for the directional signage.
· There will be no alley pick up during Clean-up Week.
· Do not overfill trash barrels and polycarts for the safety of our workers. Homemade 55 gallon trash barrels will not be dumped.
· Landlords: the City will only pick up trash or limbs that are generated by your tenants.
· Do not set out entire sheds or buildings, large trees, chunks of concrete, etc. Remember, that if it cannot be picked up by our workers, we will not dispose of your trash. We may refuse any large items. If you do need assistance with disposal of large items, or have questions about what you want to set out, please call City Hall and they will help you make arrangements.
· Tire disposal must be paid for in advance at City Hall. Car and pick up tires are $2.50 each and semi-truck tires are $8.00 each.
· Appliance pick up is free during Clean-up Week. Please call City Hall to schedule.
· Commercial properties aren’t included in the Residential Clean-up Week and extra trash will be billed appropriately at these locations.
Hillsboro City Hall - 620/947-3162
Please remember to: Bag, Box and Bundle!